COVID-19 has created a situation where all of us have some level of risk of exposure, and we
may unknowingly play a role in its spread. It is critical that the healthiest of us take measures to
protect the less healthy in our midst, as they are more susceptible to the dire consequences of
this contagious disease. Also, we all want and need to keep working. Given the nature of our
work, we are in close proximity to our home-owner clients and each other.
In an effort to keep you, everyone on our job sites and your loved ones healthy, we are
instituting the following mandatory cleanliness protocols:
1. Handwashing stations is positioned near the porta-potty. Please utilize this station to wash
your hands for at least 20 seconds each time, as follows:
1. When entering the job site
2. Every hour—set a reminder in your phone
3. Entering and leaving the restroom
4. Before and after eating
5. When leaving the job site
2. Hand sanitizer is also available inside each porta-potty on-site—use liberally.
3. Social distancing: As much as possible, please attempt to maintain a distance from other
people of at least 6 feet. If this is not possible, please wear a mask.
4. Cover coughs and sneezes! They are suspected as one of the highest means of spread.
Please use your arm or shoulder to quickly cover your mouth when coughing or sneezing.
Wash hands immediately if you accidentally use your hand to cover. Throw away any used
tissue in a trash bin immediately.
5. Handshakes (and other physical contact): I am big on the shaking of hands as greeting.
However, I will be adopting the “Jazz Hands” approach to a greeting. I suggest you do the
same (see Figure 1).
6. Don’t touch your face. Seriously, as much as you possibly can, avoid scratching or rubbing
that itch (this is a tough one!).
7. If you feel sick, please stay home! If you suspect any symptoms matching COVID-19, please
see your physician immediately. Watch for fever, headache, and coughing. Please
continually monitor your health to identify early signs as quickly as possible.
8. Do not share tools! Please use only tools you have touched. If sharing is needed, clean the
handles of tools with a sterilizing wipe before use.
We realize you are living in an active construction job site. You can also help protect our team
as we help protect you. Please keep your own living space as clean and disinfected as possible,
and follow the same guidelines prescribed above. Your health, safety, and overall comfort are
our top priorities. We want to make sure your home is a safe environment for everyone.
Thank you in advance, everyone, for following this protocol. Together we can keep moving
forward, be comfortable, be healthy, and help each other to make a good living.
If there are any issues, questions, or illness suspicions, please don’t hesitate to call me at (805)
Frantz Construction, Inc.
Copyright © 2020 Frantz Construction - All Rights Reserved.